POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [W.I.P] ShadowHall : Re: [W.I.P] ShadowHall Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [W.I.P] ShadowHall
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 25 Nov 2002 13:20:35
Message: <3DE26A43.ABD7ED91@Rapidnet.com>
"hughes, b." wrote:

> "Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> news:3DD### [at] Rapidnetcom...
> > My latest work in progress.  The idea came to me while I was trying to
> > figure out what to do with a pillar I had just designed.  It was
> > inspired by one of my early concept renders, though it leaves that
> > concept far, far behind.
> >
> > I've been working on this for about a week, the walls are a black
> > granite w/ red spots, with slight reflection, phong, and specular
> > values. I used a normal of { granite 1 }, Sligtly more than I'm used
> > to.  The columns are Obsidian w/Silver Veins, and the floor is a
> > combination of a Dark Red agate/bozo texture, and a Dark Green
> > agate/bozo texture.  The Balustrade uses the Dark green texture as well,
> > though it has T_Gold_5A insets to brek up the surface a little.
>
> The vertical lines of the columns isn't something I'd do I think. I'm one to
> mix marble up with rotates and such. I like that floor and rail/posts
> though. I'd like to walk along that (not the rail!). It took me  aminute to
> realize there's a black upper wall above the railing side. Called a
> balustrade huh? Don't know that word. Well, I think there is a upper wall
> there because it doesn't quite seem to be beyond in the distance.
> Are you going to enclose the light sourcers into fixtures? Without them this
> is illuminated rather mysteriously.

Actually, There is a wall beyond the railing.  It surrounds a recessed garden
that's accessed by way of a series of staircases.  I am going to have light
fixtures, and I'm currenttly working on a media sky for the scene, but given
the rather large scale, it's being difficult.  I'm also planning to have a
large tree in the center of the garden, I'll have to see what I can come up
with.

A.D.B